Friday, July 12, 2013

what I'm working on... July 2013: scrappy drunkards path quilt

What's up in my world???...

Well, I have finally!!!! decided to do something with the fabrics I kept from my kids baby beds (cribs). And seriously I'm saying to myself it really is about time! they are 11, 10, and 7 years old for Pete's sake! lol but every move in its time I guess.

Any how, after a long Pinterest search I came up with a pattern/block that I just love and think fits my fabrics well.



I found my pattern/tutorial where else but Pinterest initially. I followed the link and it took me to where else but Moda !

lol I just love how I always seem to end up at about the same places :)

I must say that my work is so not perfect (sewn curves yikes!) but this quilt is for me the mommy and I just don't care about that! I am loving that it is coming out kinda shabby chic-ish too.

But, when I lay it all out my corners and such meet where I like them and thus everything feels right in my little world.

The other super cool part for me is that when I iron I get a waft of Dreft baby soap (what I used to wash their things as babies) and I just love the happy emotional ride I go on!

I am thinking that when I do finish this I will make a rule to only wash it in Dreft to keep that baby yummy smell :)

I have almost run out of fabric for this so while my original plan was to make 20 "flowers" (blocks) I only now have enough to make one more for a total of 16.



So, I need to decide if I want to stay with 4 rows of 3 or 4 rows of 4. Frankly I'm not really one for a squared quilt but maybe this time??? decisions decisions :)

Updates to come :)
Happy Sewing all!

Melodee

 

No comments: