Friday, December 23, 2011

What I'm up to

I have been one busy quilter! I completed this double irish chain wall hanging in record time..about 2 weeks! that is shopping, cutting, piecing, sewing, basting, and hand quilting! phew!



I just love the look of this quilt--and look at that, all those little squares began as 2 inch blocks! This one also has the cool tag that I printed at home with freezer paper and my printer. And this wall hanging also has a hanging sleeve on the back that was really easy to do. While not my original idea the sleeve instructions can be found online here. (much easier than I ever thought though!)



I love to hand quilt and since this wall hanging is for my mom for christmas I chose to use a heart stencil purchased at Joann's (with a coupon even :o))




A follow up how to post will come soon to show how you too can make this block. Happy sewing!



No comments: