Tuesday, June 7, 2011

update...

Well it has been some time since my last blog post...I HAVE been a busy girl getting lots of stuff done, BUT I had a dead battery in my camera and was unable to take and upload pics! So now I have fixed that problem and am now camera ready :o)

So today I did not get any sewing done. However, me and little Miss where able to get some YUMMY rainbow cupcakes made!

I counted this bit of work as credit for her towards school time today. She helped me count out the 3 eggs we needed, fill the measuring cup with 1 cup of water and mix drops of food coloring precisely to get all 6 colors of the rainbow. Then we placed the colors in rainbow order into the cupcake wrappers.


We found this idea in Family Fun Magazine--a really great source for fun stuff to do with the kiddos!

Basically it is a store bought cake mix (anyone know of a good home made white cake mix--please share!) that you separate into 6 bowls. You then dye the batter to match the colors in the rainbow. And with the help of my 4 year old--little Miss-- we spooned a dollop or two per color into the cupcake wrappers then placed them in the oven. Bake at the temp and time that your box mix calls for and walla!

Oh, and that super creamy homemade frosting is a recipe that was passed on to me by a cousin from her MIL--it is super easy and oh so yummy too!

Maybe tomorrow will grant me some sewing time??? one can hope! :o) !!!

1 comment:

Melissa R said...

Beautiful! Bet they were fun to make